Monday, February 14, 2005

Career opportunities

Another question via email:
Dagmar,
How did you become a Guild member? Does it pay alot?
Well, my high school guidance counselor asked me what I wanted out of life, and I said I wanted to shoot shit with crossbows and smell like burning rats all the time, so he gave me the number to this guy...

First of all, I'm not a member; it's not a fucking club. I'm an "agent," which is just a glorified way of saying "grunt." Secondly, it pays shit. And "a lot" is two words.

As for how I came to work at the Guild, that's a bit of a long story, and I don't feel like writing anymore right now. Suffice to say, I got caught up in some shit, there was lots of snarling and biting, and hilarity ensued. I guess the fact that I didn't shit my pants was enough for someone to offer me a job as an apprentice hunter. I told him to fuck off, and they made me a hunter. Guess the job posting on Monster.com wasn't putting out.

1 comment:

Ali said...

What was ur training like as an apprentice? How big is your guild? Are there other guilds for vampyr hunters in the US?