Sunday, June 05, 2005

I'm baaaaack.

First, I apologize for having been gone so long. Apparently at least one guy reads this, 'cause he asked why.

I'd like to say that I was off on secret assignment, or getting laid, or anything, but the truth is, I was ass-deep in paperwork. And it's all about this blog.

See, there was a bit of a power shift in the Guild. Not a coup, or anything interesting like that; one guy retired, another guy took over, blah blah blah. The upshot is that the new guy had all kinds of delusions about shit he was going to change (the guy actually had the balls to use the word "reform" on several occasions), and he got his panties in a wad about this blog. Said it threatened "Guild secrecy."

What you have to understand is that the Guild is as much mired in bureaucratic bullshit as any medium-sized company; only the pencil pushers have funny names like "Elder." An "Elder" is essentially a guy (or gal - we're equal opportunity shitty employers) who is too strung-out to cut it as a field agent, and who consequently ends up stuck behind a desk, thinking very highly of him or herself. The Speaker is the "head" of the Council of Elders, the Council being a group of decrepit old farts that sit around in a dusty room making motions, seconding them, and dividing into committees. And I can say this because the Guild really has no upward mobility, and they're too strapped to actually fire any of us. So if you're reading this, O Great Council, you may kindly suck an egg.

Anyway, the new Speaker (I'm no longer allowed to use real names, so I'll just refer to him as Speaker Numbnuts) decided that we should be more secretive about our activities. If you've been following this blog at all, you'll understand why this is a singularly dumbass thing to say. Vamps can't read, and nobody else fucking believes this shit, so what difference could it possibly make? The Guild passed a motion to force me to suspend the blog pending further discussion. I would have told them to fuck off if I had known the kind of paperwork "futher discussion" meant - I mean what were they going to do, fire me? Oh, dear. As it was, I wanted the bitching and moaning to stop, so I played along.

I finally convinced them to allow me to continue by pointing out that my blog did no harm, and could potentially save lives. It does no harm, because most of you assume I'm either a little south of sane or making this shit up. It could save lives if you remember any of what you read when you're trapped in an alley one day wishing you'd believed me in the first place while you're chased by one of these overgrown leeches.

Faced with my stirring and eloquent arguments (I managed cut out 90% of the "fucks" that came to my throat), Speaker Numbnuts and the Council reluctantly agreed to shut up and let me blog. So, I'm back. Questions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.
I came across your Blog while researching.
You are absolutely correct about your comment to Numbnuts about haulting your Blog, it's unbelievable.

Good Luck in your search for the truth.

Anonymous said...

Hulabelly, it's probably (and if you've been paying attention to this man's blog AT ALL) because vamps are little more than brain dead killers. They're only smart enough to not go out into sunlight and draw too horribly much attention to themselves, but even an average dog can do at least one of those two things.

As for you Krauss, nice to see you back, hope all (besides that mound of paperwork) is going well. At least you know you have one... I dunno... fan, I suppose is the word closest to it.

Kristine said...

I'm glad you're back. I may not comment much, but I always read. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

DAGGY!!! ur back i was bored without you here!! i havent had a good laugh at your expense for ages!! YAY! i can finally laugh again!!

Anonymous said...

Holy fucking titty christ, your back! We;lcome back fagmar >=D You been anally fucking any vampires recently? or are you still jerking off?